I am a senior in college, what I consider to still be young and ever so often it seems every time I turn around someone is getting married! Is this a joke? It is so frustrating when choosing what to wear to a wedding especially this time of year. The last thing I want to do is upset the bride but I don’t want to outshine her either but then again we must look fabulous; it’s extremely confusing! Below are some definite dos and don’ts we should all consider when figuring out what to wear to fall time weddings.
- Wear something feminine and appropriate according to the formallity of the event.
- Wear nice heels or flats, dependingn what makes you most comfortable.
- According to Marie Claire’s website embrace bright colors. Marigold, maroon, purple, turquoise, dark green would be beautiful for this time of year.
- Check with the bride to see what color the bridesmaids are wearing. You don’t want to look like you’re in the wedding party.
- Accessorize. Find a statement necklace or bracelet in coordinating colors to your outfit.
- Wear something you feel sexy in, but stay modest.
- Wear black or sequins during the daytime.
- Wear overly sexy clothing. It belongs in a club not a wedding.
- Wear white, off-white, or ivory it competes with the brides dress.
- Wear basic brown or black, it can look very sad at a wedding.
- Wear flip-flops or casual shoes.
- Wear shorts, revealing tops or dresses that are too tight or too short.